Bookmark and Share

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Learn from your mistakes

I'm going to share to you guys my experience with a wallet lifter. It really saddens me that the money she/he got is not mine. The money is from my father which he earned by working so hard to sustain our daily survival. And with just a split of seconds it was gone.

I know I haven't been vigilant enough to secure my bag knowing that I am carrying a sufficient amount of money supposedly to be deposited in the bank. This afternoon, while I was riding a jeepney on my way to Banco de Oro. I am sitted near the entrance of the jeepney  with a female on my left and an old man on my right. I am pretty sure, that when I draw out two 5 peso coin from my wallet I zipped up my bag again.

Photo Credits to: Ms Roj of http://adventuroj.com/
By the way, the jeepney is somewhat similar to the photo above. Furthermore, I arrived at my destination, paid my fare, stepped out of the jeepney. I didn't even bother turning my head just to see if I left something or not. I just rushed to the bank and fill out the deposit slip form and handed it to the teller. And that is the moment of truth that shaked my world. My wallet is gone with the money, usb, key chain which happens to be a pasalubong from a friend and water bill.

I really don't know what to do. It's like I'm going insane. I wanted to shout, cry, go on hysterical, run after the jeepney. But what else can I do? The criminal is no where to be found. And I even don't know who made the criminal act. Is is the lady on my left or the old man on right? I really don't know. That's how  my experience with a wallet lifter. That is how fast their hands are in mugging their victims. Even with a number of people, they can really do their act.


Lessons learned:

1. Always, always, always stay alert on your surroundings especially when you are in a crowded place or surrounded by a lot of people.

2. Secure stuffs attentively. Notice unusual behavior around you.

3. Don't put important belongings like wallet, cellphones, digi cams etc.. on the shallow part of your bag. If possible, cover it or overlap the not so eye magnet things to snatchers like umbrella, notebooks, pens.

4. If it comes to worse, like she/he has bladed/deadly weapon, or maybe he has an acquaintance with him.  DON'T risk your life for money. Just give the items to them.


till my next update

jEn
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment