Bookmark and Share

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Ambivalent

Hi readers,


As far as the days pass by, the grieving process of losing something much important to you is getting tighter and tighter. The feeling is suffocating which in the end of the day I don't know where to start or to move on.

I'll be sharing to you guys my traumatic experience with my precious Scooby (basset hound) from the first day of his ill health until the time he gasp his last breath.

By the way, this was the last pic I took on him while he was resting on his favorite chair.





September 11,2012:
We took Scooby to the Vet to seek medical attention about the condition of Scooby. He is not that weak, may be 10-20% weak compared to his usual vitality. He's eating well and playing with his other playmates Coco (dachshund) and Choco (Mongrel). But I can feel that there is something wrong and I just can't figure it out. So the Vet said that it is only colds (viral) and a slight fever that caused the slight weakness on Scooby. It relieves me knowing that it will cure on its own and with the help of Antibiotics + Vit. C and also the Broncure which helps strengthening the lungs and Paracetamol for the fever, I am really positive he'll be returning to his normal state.

September 16,2012:
With the continuous Antibiotic therapy and Vitamin Treatment I've noticed that Scooby is dyspneic - having difficulty of breathing. I am so worried about him, the saddest part is that, it's Sunday so no Veterinary Clinic is open. I still continue the prescribed medications on him. And monitored him time to time.


September 18-19,2012:
He's doing ok, so I thought that he'll be going well.


September 21, 2012:
We returned to the Vet to check up on him because dyspnea is still present after a week of Antibiotics and Broncure Therapy.  The doctor only look at him without even checking or taking his vital signs. She already prescribed Prednisone for relieving the dyspnea and instructed to continue Broncure. I also told her that I wish to confine Scooby so that she can monitor Scooby's situation but she refused to do so. Telling me that confining scooby would worsen the condition.


September 22, 2012:
At around 7:00 PM scooby had a seizure, he's in pain. He is crying and whining. We were shocked, paranoid and helpless. We wanted to rush scooby to the vet, unfortunately the vet is close. And the weather is not cooperating with us. We waited for 12 hours for us to be able to bring scooby and be seen by another vet.


September 23,2012:

Scooby is hooked in an Intravenous Fluid to replenish his cells and gave him Antibiotics, B-Complex, and Pain reliever. The vet said that I should take Scooby home for one night and return him the following day for confinement. The vet performed CBC (Complete Blood Count) as well as checked if there is heart worm present, luckily, the test is negative for heart worm and the CBC is normal.









September 24, 2012:

We returned to the vet for the confinement and left him there. We visited him at around 3:30 PM, the doctor is still out, the assistant said that the doctor would probably be in at around 5-5:30 PM. So we waited and checked up on him from time to time.
I talked to the vet and he was diagnosed of Canine Distemper which I know is really fatal in dogs. My heart shred into pieces and she said that some owners especially breeders chose euthanasia to alleviate of prolonging the pain and suffering of the dogs. In that case, I didn't choose euthanasia because I am really positive that he will get better. I've research about Canine Distemper and I have read a lot of positive stories about pets getting better in Distemper. The vet respected our decision and still explained that we should be ready in case my precious scooby can't make it. We left him again for another night.







 
September 25, 2012




We visited scooby again at around 10:00 AM. He is excited to see us, he wants to sit but he is weak to do so, so I helped him up and caress his body so that he can feel me. I asked boyfie to buy Pan de Sal (bread) because that is scooby's favorite food. In time when boyfie returned, scooby looked at us and lie down then started to tremble, he had his last vomit and poop. I don't know what I am feeling this day, it's as if my whole world turned upside down. I know I am not ready to let scooby go, and still up to this day.


Scooby is part of our family already, he is like a son to my mom and dad. He fills joy in our everyday routine especially when he do his extreme tricks. We really miss him. I really miss him. I know that he is in good hands now, free of pain, sickness and a place full of love. I love you so much Scooby.




Till my next update,

jEn






No comments:

Post a Comment