Bookmark and Share

Monday, January 9, 2012

Doxie

Bonjour everyone,

I'd like you to meet my Dachshund-Coco, I mentioned my coco in my first entry and I want to further more express about what it feels having a dachshund as a pet, and how I groom my pets.

Dachshund are long-bodied, short-legged dog that belongs to the hound family. Dachshunds are hyperactive, fun and Loyal pets. They love to chase small animals and digs holes around our yard. Loyalty is one of the characteristic that I Love most about dachshunds. Though you've been gone for so long they still don't forget who their master/owner is. It feels so stress free every time I go home and see my Coco and other pets waiting, as if I've been gone for so long. Seeing them wag their tails and hear them bark feels like they've been longing to feel my caress and hug.

Dachshunds are prone to spinal injury because of their long spinal cord and short rib cage. This injury are predisposed by the following factor:
  • obesity - obese dachshund has a higher risk of getting a spinal injury, so better watch out for the diet of your dogs to avoid such disease and pair it with exercise too.
  • intense exercise - such as jumping
As part of being a responsible owner, I also groom my dachshund. Which is why, I always manage to bathe my pets once or twice a week. I also use products that are hypoallergenic to avoid my pets getting some allergies. I usually use soap to bathe them. I have known few friends who use detergent/laundry soap to their pets, which is a big NO-NO to me. This detergent products might have harsh chemicals that might contribute to your dog's itching.
Sometimes, I also use shampoo with conditioner or shampoo alone. It only not smoothen your pets' hair but soothes their skin, and detangles rummage hair especially for long-haired dogs.
Lastly, I also use tick and flea powder, this powder comes with different scent, which leaves pleasant odor on your dogs.


Au revoir! :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh you have a sweet dog.....I have German Shepherd, it's also hyperactive............:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks. i also have a basset hound. I'll prolly post some pics soon. German Shepherd are nice dogs. :)

    ReplyDelete